Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yesterday

was a good day. Today, however, is turning out to be quite strange and unexpected. But I will write about that later. I would rather dwell on yesterday instead of having to think about today...

Sunday night, I went over to Chelsea's house at like, 11:00 so I could spend the night and her mom could us back to Tucson in the morning. Chels and I didn't get to bed until about 1:00, and then we woke up at 5:00 to get ready to go to Tucson. I realized that morning that I had to present one of my biggest projects of the year for ASL that morning at 9:00 and I had completely forgotten about it. Basically we had to perform a five to ten minutes long children's story completely in sign. I worked on it for about 15 minutes in the car to Tucson and then I was like, "Dude, I'm tired. Screw that, I am taking a nap." So I napped the rest of the way to Tucson, helped Chels get unloaded and sent off to her chem lab, and then I went to sign language. Another guy in the class went first and he was pretty good. I was sitting there going, "Whatever. I don't even care about this anymore. If I fail, I fail. Whatever." So I get up and sign my story and guess what? 100%, plus extra points with the teacher for the being "the best so far." Sheesh. I amaze myself sometimes.

Afterward, I had Writing Systems. Lectures are the most boring thing in the world. Good thing I have a bunch of people in that class to talk to. We pass notes and I think all of us are getting to be really good friends. I hope we still hang out after this semester because they're all super cool and we have really bonded through boringness... Afterward, I had astronomy...I was seriously falling asleep...I have no idea what he was talking about, to be honest. Jupiter, I think. I should probably go over the notes online... Then, I had lunch with Alysa and Chelsea, which was kind of awkward and aggravating. Perhaps I will update in my LiveJournal about all of the negative things associated with being a "turtle," but here, I will just stick to the less cynical things. Then, Chelsea and I went to our anthropology class and both of us were struggling to stay awake. That class is insane. Our professor is hilarious and really intelligent, the thing is, she's TOO intelligent. She knows everything there is to know about everything and so when she lectures, she talks about things that go completely over our heads. She talks about these complex things and it is difficult to find the main points we need to know in the midst of her lecture. Thankfully we have a discussion section for that class every Friday where we cover what she is actually talking about. I really like my TA that leads the discussion section, too. She's hilarious and puts things into ways I can understand them; Daninian and Allisonese are similar languages, I think. OH! So on Friday, I don't remember what we were talking about (something to do with Hunter-Gatherers and Genetic Drift or something) and Dana said the funniest thing ever: "It's not like, 'Man, I've got some yams. Now I'm gonna yo ass.'" I cracked up. She was like, "That was nice. I think I might write that down." Basically, she's just really cool. :)

After class, Katie came over for a while and we hung out. After she left, I took a nice nap. Then Lys and I watched The Office (satisfied sigh). Then I went to Ballroom and pumped out the Cha Cha. I am pretty excited...pretty soon Corrie and Jake are going to start putting together competition teams. Blake, our instructor, has to work with the guys first to get them ready to train and then they are going to start finding girls who match their height level to be their partner. I think I have a pretty good chance of being picked because I am at average height with most of the guys and Corrie and some of the intermediate students know who I am. I think they know I am willing to work my butt off for competition if I do get picked. I would have Ballroom on Mondays, Wednesdays (maybe Thursdays, but we'll see), partner practice on Sundays, and possible training work on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Basically my life would be taken up by Ballroom and I don't mind in the slightest. In fact, it makes me even more stoked. I want to compete so badly! Keep your fingers crossed and do some serious praying!

That's about it for yesterday...Sarika and I hung out after Ballroom. I love her and I love us. God is so good. I am so blessed. Yesterday was a good day...today, not so much. But it's only half over, so we will have to see how it plays out. I don't suspect it will get any better, only weirder, but one must have hope...I may post about today, but I think I would just like to ignore it and hope it goes away. My grandparents drove up from Sierra Vista to take Katie and me out to dinner, and Katie is outside right now waiting for me so we can meet them, so...

No comments: