Thursday, September 25, 2008

I am trying to update more frquently

so that Tom isn't overwhelmed with the amount of information I put on here when I do post and so that all of you will have something constant to occupy yourself with in times of procrastination. :)

Today was fine. Had ASL first thing in the morning, as always. I was definitely going to come back to my dorm first thing and write this long, passionate post about my hatred toward that class, but I resisted. I think I am going vent a little now, though. I. HATE. ASL. 1) I have already learned all of the material being covered in the class last year. I am bored to freaking tears. Even Sudoku and Word Searches can't help me. It's wretched. And I have SO MUCH work to do for stuff I already know. Sheesh. 2) I think my teacher hates me. She hates the fact that I know all of the answers and don't have to work for it. What does she expect? She knows this is a complete review for me. I think she hates that the students are learning more from me one-on-one than they are learning from her, the professor. Wow, sounds exactly like Wheel's class to me. 3) Probably the thing that is bothering me the most...My professor is an idiot. Really, she is. She keeps correcting me on things that I KNOW are correct. She reprimands me and other classmates for things that are regional sign (there are multiple signing styles and various ways to sign the same thing dependent upon regional change). She's freaking from the Midwest, so she can't possibly have the same signing dialect as we from the Southwest. Also, she's not even deaf; her parents are deaf. So yeah, she's been involved with the Deaf Culture all of her life, but still, SHE IS NOT DEAF, so who is she to say that the things that my previous teacher who is DEAF is wrong? She is trying to convert me to the wrong way of signing just because she thinks it's the right way. The more I sit in class, the more I can feel my perfect, virgin signing being corrupted by The Idiot.

Ah. Nice rant. After ASL, I went back to the dorm to study but Sarika came over and we had a musical escapade. Michael Jackson, Kanye West, Pat Benatar, NSYNC, and Ruthie "Pigfaced" Draper. Oh, and Teddy Gwams. Yup. You're jealous. Then I went to Psych to take my test, which took me about twenty minutes to complete. It seemed really easy and I am really confident I did well, which is refreshing. I came back to the dorm room and I did my laundry and helped Lys with hers, did my dishes, took out the recycle, and cleaned up a bit. I was seriously productive. Alysa told me later that her boyfriend is coming down for the weekend when I am gone, so it's a good thing I was doing some cleaning. I think Brandon is going to be staying the night...he's going to be sleeping in Alysa's bed and Lys will be sleeping in mine. Interesting...hey, at least he won't be sleeping on an air mattress while I'm sleeping next to him five feet overhead...not yet, anyway. Anyway, then Lys went to the gym and I had some nice alone time walking around campus. It was so breezy and cloudy and just altogether wonderful. God is so good. After Lys got back, we went to the student union, got food, and went to Intervarsity. It was good, but really long. We finished our roommate agreement that our RA has been bugging us about FOREVER...it was the stupidest thing ever; we made the biggest joke out of it. Basically we just filled it out with things that would appease Jen and the rest of the VDP staff, but we mutually agreed that we would continue to do exactly what we have been doing because things are going extremely well between us right now and that if a problem ever arose, we would sort it out rationally like mature adults. Why can't the rest of the world be as smart as we?

Discussion section for my "linguistics" class first thing in the morning tomorrow, followed by Writing Systems. I have a quiz like I do every Friday in that class that I should be studying for because last week's quiz was insane (even Jose who had the notes with bolded words right in front of him on his iTouch didn't know any of the answers), but I don't want to. Lys is already asleep so she has no say whether or not I go on Facebook. :) After Writing Systems, I have my dreaded astronomy class. Thankfully it's only lecture day tomorrow...Should be leaving some time in the afternoon to drive home to Phoenix with Lindsey--pretty excited to be going home and definitely excited for the sweet drive with Lindsey. I am so making a fun mix cd before we head out tomorrow! :D

And I thought my posts were going to get shorter...sorry...Well, I think I am actually going to study...who does that in college, honestly?! ;)

1 comment:

Emily-Ann said...

I don't, study that is!

Yes, finally first to post! Sorry I saw you posted new stuff but I couldn't bring myself to start posting comments.....

Excited to see you this weekend!!!!
Yeah, my rommie and I had to do one of those agreement things...it was so stupid.....whatev-a (that's just for you)

I believe I will go post now....because I will be busy later tonight!

Love ya!