Sunday, October 5, 2008

I have decided

to ditch the idea of posting every, single, minuscule detail about my life, because ultimately, it is not that exciting, nor do does anyone want to take the time to read about it. So therefore, only the important things that I find worth value to write about will be posted. My apologies...I am still learning how to do this blog thing minus the raw emotion...:)

Friday night, I worked my first show at Centennial. I arrived a half hour before my (what I thought was my) call time, which was fine because Sam (my boss) put me to work. I think I started off on a good note in Sam's book. The show I worked was called "A Motown Celebration," which was a concert of The Funk Brothers and Mary Wilson from the Supremes. Ya gotta love 60's Soul, baby. I worked the merchandise table for The Funk Brothers, so I worked before the show and after the show (I would have worked intermission if there was one), and I sold A LOT of stuff because both Mary Wilson and The Funk Brothers were signing autographs after the show. During the show, I sat out in the lobby, but I could hear the music loud and clear out there. It was really fun to hear that kind of music live and to "get my groove thang on." During the encore that they played, The Funk Brothers and Mary Wilson sung together and they sung "Ain't No Mountain High." It brought me immediately back to the days of Nothing but the Truth and I began dancing like we used to before our shows. I look down and realize my outfit is white on top, black on bottom and I was sort of lost back in the "times of old." It was really kind of a special moment. :)

I finished with work at like, 11:30, which was about an hour after I should have been finished, but because my sister is a manager there, she had stuff for me to do. Don't mind, though. I was paid for my time. Afterward, even though I was really tired, Sarika made me go over to her dorm to watch Lord of the Rings, the Two Towers with the people in her dorm. So her dorm is basically the introverted honors dorm, which means all of the people in her dorm are NERDS, and I say that in the most loving way possible. Basically they were sitting through the whole movie quoting every line and talking about how every single thing was "epic." I really don't like that movie in the first place (I like the third one best; that one is just really boring because I am so confused) and I was tired, so my negative comments about the movie were coming out like verbal diarrhea. I thought I was going to get flogged by the Lord of the Ring cult worshipers. I ended up going to bed at like, 3:30...

Saturday morning, I wake up semi-early to get the dorm room ready for Lys' parents come for Family Weekend. Yeah, didn't even matter because they never came in the room. To be honest, I didn't even SEE them the entire weekend. Seemingly odd, if you ask me. (Sidenote: I hate Family Weekend if your parents aren't there. I have been to Family Weekend before when I was still in high school visiting my sister, and I felt the same way as I do now. I feel like an orphan. I don't know why, but I look around campus with the students with their parents and I think to myself, "I wish I had parents..." even though I know perfectly well that my parents are only two hours or a phone call away. I have no idea why, but Family Weekend always makes me so depressed...) Anyway, I went over to my sister's apartment to celebrate her roommate, Davia's, birthday. Davia, her friend Stephanie (whom I REALLY don't like...), and I went to the football game. We got there about two hours early, and I was so tired, that I conked out on the bleachers for a slight cat nap. Stephanie wanted to sit by the band (for reasons that really bug me, but that is a story for another day...), and Davia said that once you sit next to the band, it will change your view of UA football games FOREVER! And it did! ...I NEVER want to sit by the band again. It's the most boring place ever. You can't see anything that is going on on the field and all you hear is the stupid Color Guard girls gossiping. Some things from high school don't change. I ended up watching the drum majorette more than I watched that game because I was that bored...
BUT!
The cool thing that happened while I was there...I saw David Hasselhoff from Baywatch (his daughter goes to UofA so he is at like, all of the games. He's not as all-that as he thinks he is, but this story is still fun). I was about 10 feet away from him; like, I could spit on him if I wanted to. He was taking a video of the band and the crowd, and since I was standing next to the band in the crowd, I was in his video A LOT. How cool is that to be in a video of someone famous?! Bet you can't say that has ever happened to you. :) After the game, we went back to my sister's apartment and then to Applebees. I was so tired. Called and talked to Em (highlight of my weekend!!)...passed out. Literally. In the same spot I was sitting talking to Em. I seriously didn't move an inch all night.

Today, I haven't done anything. And I literally mean that. I slept in, talked to Jared on the phone, watched five episodes of The Office and now I am at Katie's apartment about to watch more. It's been a weekend full of pretty much everything and yet nothing that exciting...

2 comments:

Emily-Ann said...

I am glad to hear I helped out on your weekend. It was so amazing to talk to you too...especially why we needed to talk! Anyway...Posting everyday is a bit lame, but I have nothing else to do (actually I haven't posted since Friday...oops)...I only do it everyday so my posts won't be long, but they are anyway...so I will just write when I feel like writing....

Sorry you had an overfilling weekend. At least this weekend you come home and get your squid eye! I am such a dork!

Oh, and I think your football game-celebrity video experience is cool! Something to tell the kids someday, although you will have to tell them who David is first....lol!

Unknown said...

At least you post...unlike another who shall not be mentioned (Lindsey)...

Fun weekend, I have yet to go to a football game, but no one here cares. If its not in the Times or the Economist, no one mentions it, so all we've been talking about is the financial crisis. Which means nothing to me but more financial aid (hopefully!).

I do have to say the marching band here is pretty chill, I mean, they don't even require instruments, so yeah, they're not hardcore serious like ASU or U of A bands...

And i can't wait for a famous parent to come! Denzel Washington, Ariana Huffington, and Steven Speilberg all have children here. Parents weekend should be fun...