Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today has been pretty uneventful.

Stayed up until like, 2:00 in the morning with Adam and Andrew studying. Adam was trying to explain pre-calculus to Andrew using calc methods. Poor Andrew. Calc is not something you would want to learn without even finishing pre-calc at 1:45 in the morning, that's for sure. But the good thing is, they keep me focused on my homework.

Went to all of my classes. ASL--we had to perform a story about one of our scars. I made it up when Adam was confusing the heck out of Andrew and practiced it once. Got 100%. Boo-fricking-YA! Writing Systems of the World--another...stimulating lecture, this time about Egyptian Hieroglyphs, but the really technical, boring side of it. Astronomy--another lecture with the awkward professor that throws out a lot of complex information in a short amount of time and expects us to learn it. It's so hard. Oh, and I got a 28/45 on my large exam for that class. Not good. The professor is supposed to curve it, but I doubt it will be that much. Elena (my friend in that class) and I are going to go do extra credit soon. Thank the Lord for extra credit! Had lunch with Lys and Lindsey...I had a salad which I didn't think would be so good for recently-had-the stomach-flu stomach, but I was fine. Went to The Many Ways of Being Human where I listened to the ever-so-wordy and yet totally hysterical Professor Jane Hill, The Legend. Afterward, Chels and I went back to her dorm and talked for a while. I went back to my dorm and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, which I am still continuing to do. Waiting for Adam to come so I can actually study. :)

The Office Season 5 starts tomorrow. I know I am not going to make it by then, but I am seriously trying to finish Season 3 and 4 by next week so I can watch the first episode of Season 5 online and then watch the actual shows on TV. The problem is...IV is at the same time as when The Office airs on TV, so....Office? IV? Office? IV? So difficult...

I am supposed to be at the Ballroom review session right now, but I just really didn't feel like going today. It's like, the weirdest thing ever, too, because Ballroom nights are the highlights of my week. I don't think I have explained about Ballroom yet so...I have joined Ballroom Dancing Club. Kind of nerdy, I know, but I absolutely love it. My friend Sarika and I go together and we have so much fun. BDC meets Monday and Wednesday nights from 9-10, kind of late, but we really don't care. Every Monday, our instructor, Blake, teaches us the new dances. The girls and guys are split up, girls on one side of the gym, boys on the other. He teaches us the dances sort of quickly, but it's a lot of fun. Afterward, the men have to go pick a girl (they have to say, "May I have this dance?" It's so cute!) and then we practice the dance. Man, is it a workout! Then on Wednesdays, we have a review session for what we learned on Monday. The review is a lot slower and you can really learn the dance and put it to memory. The first Monday we had about 200 people in the gym (we are hoping the numbers will go down) and on Wednesday, we had maybe 76 (I say 76 instead of 75 because everyone had a partner). One of the great things about ballroom is boy-scouting, let me tell you. Granted, about half of the guys are the dorky, awkward ones who joined ballroom so they develop a little more class so they can maybe have a shot at wooing the laaadies, but the other half are absolutely scrumptious. I mean, there is nothing hotter than a man who can dance the rumba--they can sweep me off my feet ANY TIME! Sarika and my favorite pastime is to stand back with the other girls and "gossip" about the handsome ones or the good-dancing ones or even just the really sweet ones (what am I saying? They all are such gentlemen, honestly). We have met some really cool people in Ballroom and we are having a blast. Sarika and I are taking this very, very seriously so that maybe one day, we will be good enough to compete. WE CAN ONLY HOPE! Until then, we are having the time of our lives and learning how to seduce men using our natural, foxy woman-power in a completely socially appropriate way. :) Basically, I love Ballroom more than anything here at The U, but for some reason, I just didn't want to go today. Feeling slightly slothy today...

This is completely random, but a week ago today, I went to a College of Education party for the incoming freshman. I hate going to freshman gatherings like that because it's just like a huge neon sign that says, "HI! I am insecure about making new friends and I have no idea what I am doing with my life!" but I went anyway because it's for my college. We first started out playing a game where you have a survey and you have to ask people to sign your sheet and if you are one of the first people with "blackout," you will get a prize of...yup. A sticker book. What other major do you know that would 1) Play a really horrible ice breaker and think it was a GRAND time and 2) Give sticker books as your prizes and have the winners so completely ecstatic? Oh yeah. That's the College of Ed, my friends. Afterward, we had a Nacho Social to meet our mentors. My mentor's name is Daniella. She's a sophomore, her emphasis is in High School English with a minor in The Classics (basically what I am doing but with a history twist), and she's a sorority girl. There are three other people who have the same mentor as I but I was the only one who showed up so Daniella and I got to talk a lot. Despite the whole sorority girl thing, she's really cool (she's not typical sorority girl or anything, which is great); I actually like her a lot. She gave me a lot of advice--a lot of which I wish I could remember--and I am definitely not intimidated to ask her if I have any questions about anything. CoE is going to be putting on socials every month that I think I might go to just so I can meet some more people in my major and I am hoping Daniella will be there so I can get to know her better. Basically, I just really like the College of Ed. :D

Hm. That's all for now. I have a Psych test tomorrow that I have to study for and I need to do my ASL homework. Barf. I am going to get some water, some snacks, and go to my favorite spot in the study room. :)

[I promise now that I have covered everything, my posts will be FAR shorter!]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THREE MONTHS LATE, TOM!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you can't do this too me! Too much info! too late at Night! Ahhhhh

Lindsey said...

hey, i love your posts! they are so much less wordy and conveluded compared to mine. they're just fun. and well written. kudos from me. :)

dude, fgamj. yeah, that's either my word verification or a traditional ecuadorian folk dance. you decide.

Emily-Ann said...

You are Italian you "a man can dance his way into my heart" lady! I feel the same way...if a man can dance...sign me up!

I really just forgot everything I wanted to say..... um....I guess I will just go read the next one and hopefully my brain doesn't conk again...